Mass Effect 2 Nude Mod

If you are searching for nudemods or if you have any kind of questions about this topic then this is the right place.
If you have questions about tools to create or run nudemods, this is also the right place.

Moderatoren: tonidoc, MDuss

Antworten

Thierry
Neuling
Neuling
Mass Effect 2 Nude Mod

Beitrag von Thierry »

Hello Everybody,

new at Nudefix, newbie on modding, so I am asking for suggestions.

After some years I am playing Mass Effect Trilogy again.
I don’t like “swap system” of ME2, so this time I wanted, for my personal play, to free Shepard from swap, in the meantime making all crew members more or completely nude, excluding Tali, though there is someone working on that.
Furthermore, modifying coalesced and using Texmod, you can have the armor loaded only in the locker.
Even Armor Locker mod seems acting the same.

Renaming the references of graphic files inside tpf, gave ugly issues (I know… stupid way :oops: ).

So I learned the basic: how to extract and replace textures, create new tpf. Not so satisfied for issues, but it worked so it’s a little start anyway.

So I searched for models to start from, finding a lot, that were extraxted from the game, modified to make them available for posing softwares.
Wrongly (again :( ) taking “diff”, “norm”, “spec” files from those models to create a tpf file doesn’t work. Indeed in the intro movie”, Miranda have her starting outifit, but completely covered light brown.

In one of them there is the original graphic file (HMF_ARM_MIRa and MIRb) and the nude file (arms, legs, body) but I don’t know how to combine them.

So I think that the only way is to learn how to modify graphic files extracted from existing tpf files with photoshop or similar.
Is this the only way, or do you know something else?

Thank for patience reading
Thierry
MDuss
Site Admin
Site Admin
Danksagung erhalten: 67 Mal

Re: Mass Effect 2 Nude Mod

Beitrag von MDuss »

Hi Thierry.

Here is an tool to extract tpf files.
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=162333

MfG
MDuss

Thierry
Neuling
Neuling

Beitrag von Thierry »

Sorry for late reply, and thanks for the link.
I learned a little to extract graphic files from tpf, as use umodel to extract references from pcc fles.
From that it starts the really difficult work... to modify textures! Furthermore it is not my work, so I'm startig from the very beginning.
The most difficult is to remove dress, than recoloring.
I've started with little modifications on existing files made by others, for my own use, as "dressing" pussies, removing and/or adding particulars (tatoos, emblems, etc...).
Any other more difficult work gave very bad results... so it will take more time, but I like it...

Thanks again and see you there next time, when I will have better results working with photoshop.
MDuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Beitrag von MDuss »

Hi.

Nice to hear, that you have fun with this work.
And yes, it is a lot of work and hard to do this.

Especially to bring your work back to the game.
Because Mass Effect is not a game which is made for modding and you have not so much Options to fashion you char clothes.

MfG
MDuss

Commo
Neuling
Neuling

Beitrag von Commo »

If you need help creating textures im willing to help and i can help you with TPF tools, however since my game is already modded then i would need yours Hash codes for the txtures

Commo
Neuling
Neuling

Beitrag von Commo »

anyway i suggest you to use M3Explorer, it works wonderfully also for ME2

romancemonk
Neuling
Neuling

Beitrag von romancemonk »

thanks for trying.
I'll look foward to it. XD

Thierry
Neuling
Neuling

Beitrag von Thierry »

Hello,
firstly I am also close to all German people for Berlin attack.
They will never change us.

Then thanks to all for replies and availability.

My lack of experience and skills with textures modifying is actually winning…
I transferred ME3 tpf to ME2 tpf, changing the MASSEFFECT3 to MASSEFFECT2 suffix in extracted files from tpf. If graphic files name and orientation correspond the “new” tpf file works.
But once tried to make textures changes or additions, the issues are very bad.
I wanted to cancel some writings on outfit or transfer tatoos from a dds to another (FemShep to FemShep)
DDS name and orientation correspond, so almost easy to select tatoos and transfer.
I saved the dds as jpg (photoshop doesn’t save dds files well…) and jpg to dds with Paintnet. But in game the new modified tpf is glowing, almost flashing.
That doesn’t happens adding tatoos on Squadmates, following the same procedure, for example.
Understood that all above with Coalesced modification too.
It seems something conflicting with the new modified tpf, making it glowing/flashing.
Maybe because Coalesced loads the “NKDb” outifit corresponding to Stripper Outfit; changing only the ME3 suffix for the tpf it works in the game, but making any modification to the same file it makes it glowing in game. Without NKDb loads no tpf is shown.
Maybe because I modified the “diff” file only.

Anyway Xmas is coming, vacations too… so I wish to you all a Great Christmas

Thierry
MDuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Beitrag von MDuss »

Hi Thierry.

Great Christmas to you too.

If you open the texture in an grafic program you have an Quadrat where for example the eyes are top left or so for example for Mass Efect 2.
Now in Mass Effect 3 if you Export the texture with texmod than the eyes maybee ate the bottom left ore something like that. So you need to see at what position are the grafic is.

MfG
MDuss

Thierry
Neuling
Neuling

Beitrag von Thierry »

Hi MDuss,

indeed not only it must take care of the right name for ME2 of the graphic file extracted from the tpf, but also of the position in the Quadrat of eyes, hands, feets and so on...
What I have done (then working in game) was to extract an ME3 tpf, change the suffix MASSEFFCT3 to MASSEFFECT2 of the graphic file, rebuild the tpf.
But when I just removed some symbols on the file extracted and added some tatoos, once rebuilt the tpf, in game the outfit/armor is glowing.
True that I modified the "diff" file only (not the "spec" and/or the "norm" file), but I think (maybe wrong) that the Stripper Outfit loaded by Coalesced makes conflict with the modified tpf file.
I am looking what's wrong

Thiery
Antworten