World of Warcraft's Panda expansion.

Topics on all games can be posted here.

Moderatoren: tonidoc, MDuss

Antworten

XSienX

World of Warcraft's Panda expansion.

Beitrag von XSienX »

Used to play WoW a while back, quit a bit after Cataclysm came out. Game lost it's fun at that point. Was considering rejoining and just starting up a new character from scratch, but the new expansion coming out has me reconsidering that.

Somewhat feels like blizzard just threw random ideas onto the drawing board for this one, anyone else have any opinions on this?

For anyone who hasn't seen it, here's the trailer:

Bloody_Kain
Danksagung erhalten: 19 Mal
Beitrag von Bloody_Kain »

Used to play WoW a while back, quit a bit after Cataclysm came out. Game lost it's fun at that point.
Same for me. ^^

Hmm, nice new Land but where on Hell will it be ob the World Map?

For me the Original Warcraft 3 World Map is the only real World Map + the Islands that are near the Storm of Abyss in its Center and the Splitted World on the other Side of the Dark Portal.

But living Plush Bears as Playable Races and a System that reminds me on Pokemon is to much for me. ^^
And Asia in Azeroth? What a Culture Shock! xD
Pandaria? Not Pandora? xD
Hmm, Panda and Monk... Welcome to Kong'Fu Panda. xD

Damn that Addon is a Laughnumber!

No, WoW was the longest Time my Favorite Game and only when its Free to Play i think i would play it again.
The Bird of Hermes is my Name,
eat my Wings to make me tame.

XSienX

Beitrag von XSienX »

Feels like they are running low on ideas, i heard some of the new professions are really good. Theres also supposed to be transmutation finally. Just wish it wasn't pandas... The monthly pay doesn't bug me as much as the content as of late. Game got far too easy and people were just being handed tier equips with little effort. I do miss my shaman though D:
Bloody_Kain
Danksagung erhalten: 19 Mal
Beitrag von Bloody_Kain »

For me, WoW has been Deathpatchet.

MMOs dies when they where flamet because some Gamers can't play there Characters.

- Waahh, my Druid xyz has no chance versus a Warrior.
- Wizzards are unfair!
- Sorcerers are creepy and to strong.
- Death Knights are to easy to Play and to mighty. (Hey, there where the first "Anti"hero Class, they have the Right to become better than the rest!)
- Help my Saber Cat Pet has eaten my Lunch.
and so on.

Balancing is Okay, but make a Game to balanced will reduce the Fun the Same as to unbalances...
And with the new Skilltree Systemen i can't go on.

The Worgen and Goblins where funny to play and the Start areas where great too.

After that it was boring, despite the changes.
The Bird of Hermes is my Name,
eat my Wings to make me tame.

TP3

Beitrag von TP3 »

Some changes they said will be made because of complainments of the communitiy.

For example the new talent trees. In Classic-WoW it was'nt possible, to view the talent trees or equipment of other characters.

The complaints came, when ist was possible with Burnich Crusade.
Suddenly only one right and perfect skilling existed for every class, and when joining an group for dungeons, it was checked, if everyone had the right skills picked and the "perfect" items equipped.

Now with cataclysm all skillings are equal, as if all characters were cloned.
With the new talent tree in Mists of Pandaria Blizard tries to change ist, by creating a fully new talent tree. They simply try to banish the ghosts they've summoned themselves. It could have been so simple:
No changes in the talent trees, even then, when a new addon is published, and no function to view stats, skills and equipment of other characters.

An i don't understand, why the developers are running out of ideas (Pandas and Pokemon? Not for me).

Why not a third fraction? With WotLk it was possible the first time. Why not the scourge with the deatknight as new fraction?
Or, now, that there is tension between Sylvanas an Garrosh, the forsaken as new fraction? Imagine battlegrounds, f.e. capture the flag, with tree fractions! Great! Wow has so much to offer, so why Pandas and Pokemon??

misanthrope

Beitrag von misanthrope »

I stopped playing during cata, I probably won't be getting it.

TP3

Beitrag von TP3 »

It's really a pity, cataclysm had the potential, to become the new claasic-Wow. The developers simply had missed a good chance.

bostitch

Beitrag von bostitch »

I stopped playing last summer, not sure yet if I will return for Pandaria. I just don't have as much time anymore as in the past, and the game just lost some of it's appeal over the years.
But since this is still a nudemod site - how do people feel about the inevitable nude panda mods that will be created? I've loved most of the mods for races thus far, even Forsaken and Tauren. (Dwarves and Gnomes aren't really my cup of tea, but they are usually in the same package.) Nude female Pandaren though, I might give those a miss.

TP3

Beitrag von TP3 »

I have to agree, nude female Pandaren will be excluded in the nudepatch i use for myself.

I've customized my nudepatch by using MyWarcraftStudio 10.
It includes nudeskins for Humans, Nightelves and Forsaken, some nude Mobs, like Banshees, Dryads, Nagas, Harpies, Succubus and female Titans, some NPCs, like all Shieldguards of Darnassus, or some NPCs in Goldshire, Teldrassil or Undercity, and some statues.

The NPC-Nudeskins i've made myself.

So, when MoP comes out, i will only customize my nudepatch for the new (inevitable) Datasystem.

For me, there will definitly be no Pandas inside my nudepatch.

Sharkus
Neuling
Neuling

Re: World of Warcraft's Panda expansion.

Beitrag von Sharkus »

Ok, now they've announced new expansion. There will be new models for old races.

Keronix
Lebt sich ein
Lebt sich ein

Beitrag von Keronix »

Sharkus hat geschrieben:Ok, now they've announced new expansion. There will be new models for old races.
Yeah! I can't wait, till release. The new Character Models looking great.

Thytest
Neuling
Neuling

Beitrag von Thytest »

Just saw the models today myself. They look pretty good!

Personally, I'm surprised that WoW is still kicking. I guess there isn't really an alternative for the diehard fans, for whom WoW is the only MMORPG, but it's rather annoying that all other MMORPGs always fall flat on their face. Good for Blizzard though.

FMJ
Neuling
Neuling

Beitrag von FMJ »

I don't know, I wouldn't say all other MMORPGs fall flat on their faces, it's just that the business model has changed. These games all began design when WoW was the biggest thing on the market and are now trying to launch with the old business model that WoW uses of purchase and a monthly subscription. When that has to compete with free to play, it's tough. Not that all F2P games are bad, Marvel heroes' prices don't seem to be gouging and STO and Neverwinter are at least something different from the average MMO, even if the prices for the paid content in those games are ridiculous.
Entschuldigung, Ich sprache nur ein bißchen Deutsch.

peacy
Neuling
Neuling

Beitrag von peacy »

Havent played wow in years there is still a huge community or its more like close to death??

Fixxer
Neuling
Neuling

Beitrag von Fixxer »

Going to give this a try as well.
Antworten